RSS Feed

Friday, September 9, 2011

An Untimely Visitor- I N S P I R A T I O N


Why? Why must inspiration come to me at such an inconvenient time?

I can't write right now. I'm busy. This is neither the time nor the place for you to visit. Inspiration, can't you see I'm in the middle of doing something else? Moreover, I've no pen! No paper! No laptop, no desktop is within my reach now. Go away and come back later. I won't speak to you now.
"Think Big Thoughts But Relish Small Pleasures"
Seriously, why couldn't you come to me on Saturday after-nights or may be Sunday afternoons. That would have been the perfect time. I was all set to write- besides nobody was at home. Pure silence, full concentration, the focus was there too. You liked him. No? I know. Or Are you both meeting at some other place and not mine?  This focus always keep silent when you're not with us. I was ready for you, then. I had everything prepared. I really wanted you to come. But I just waited....

But nooo, you had better things to do. No? Did you have fun?. Oh, don't you even try lying to me. I know you were with Chetan Bhagat. Do you think I'm blind. I saw what he posted on twitter that day. He just completed his fifth novel and is releasing in October named 'Revolution 2020'. Novel? And I ask for short stories. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
"You Can't Please Everybody. Don't Let Criticism Worry You"
Now, go away. I don't have the time or desire at the moment. See, this is me, ignoring you! Leave. Now!

********

Well....on second thought, wait! I want you to stay. Yes, stay! You owe me, miss. Stay right here until I'm done with my work. I don't care if you never come on time.You stood me up before, and you're gonna do the same thing now. Stay! I'll be back.
"The Person Who Really Wants To Do Something Finds A Way. Others Find Excuses" 
******




Alright, Inspiration. Now I can pay attention to you. So, what have you got for me? Inspiration? Are you there? Inspiration? Where did you go? Oh hell, come back. I didn't mean it. I wasn't actually mad at you, I promise. Inspiration, please....you can have all of my love and attention from now on. My love is better than Chetan Bhagat's, I promise! Inspiration? Inspiration.........

2 comments: